neewbie start-up help needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cnritouch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. cnritouch

cnritouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've searched for help on this but no joy.

My new itouch is charged and when I click the on button it shows a symbol for a connector, and an arow to the itunes disc, then switches off.

Next step is that I have to download "save" the itunes software to a new folder that I create on the Cdrive of my laptop? ie I don't download the application to the itouch - cos I nould not see that when I tried to download the itunes application.

Then I should get an icon on my desktop or an itunes item on my All Programs pop-up menu?

Then how does the application transfer to the itouch?

Do I ned to register my email address 1st befoe downloading th itunes software?

At the moment, I just want to down load music and play internet radio.

Any help appreciated.
  2. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that symbol showing on your iPod means you have to plug your iPod to your computer and make it sync with iTunes.

now download the iTunes software, it's free. you don't need an email address to use iTunes but you need to do so if you'll be buying media from the iTunes store. after installing iTunes, plug in your iPod to your computer and iTunes will sync with your iPod.

To sync applications, you'll need to download them first from the AppStore. After that select your iPod from the left side of the iTunes window, click the applications tab, select the apps you want installed and click sync after.
  3. cnritouch

cnritouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Appreciated.

JC isn't always right,but at least he gives the finger to the PC brigade.