Need Your Opinion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ric__30, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ric__30

ric__30 New Member

Hey guys, I have a week 40 ipod touch with 1 dead pixel, a slightly flickering screen under lower brightness settings and the side of the ipod has a tiny little piece chipped off (less than 1 mm, not very noticeable but it's still there). If you were in my position, would you exchange it or just keep it. I'm slightly reluctant b/c getting my ipod to where it is took me a while and I'm worried that perhaps another one could be worse. Your opinion?
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

If your machine is brand new then you should get it replaced or if its not but under warranty then why not make use of this. After all it really does not take up that much time to resync,jailbreak again !

Just think everytime you take it out to show a friend or simply use it people will remark on its condition and you will always look at it and think I really should have done something about this
  3. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Exchange it definitely. Even if it had only one of those problems you should still exchange it. It's not right to pay so much money and then bear the flaws of a defective product.
  4. eozoon

eozoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    About the flickering screen, check if you have auto brightness on. I notice that at low brightness settings, having auto brighness on makes the screen flicker a lot, probably because when it's that dim, any change of brightness makes it try to readjust itself...

If the flickering is caused by the settings, I personally would probably not have exchange it for one dead pixel. (as for the sides... I have caused more scratches to mine already... to the point I just gave up keeping it nice and scratch free) But that's just me being lazy.
  5. ric__30

ric__30 New Member

Is having one dead pixel sufficient grounds for exchange? About the brightness problem, I talked to other ppl and they seem to have the same problem, so I think it may be normal. Besides it's not very noticeable with the auto-brightness turned off as suggested by the above poster. And thanks for your input guys.
  6. murci3lago

murci3lago New Member

I think you should take it in and see if they'll exchange it...
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Technically one pixel usually isn't significant enough. It USED to be like 10 pixels stuck or dead or 5 within an inch or so. However, I've seen people say they've exchanged with just one or two...

Here's Apple's doc on pixels - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=22194
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd exchange it, nothing to lose, everything to gain.