Need YOUR Help/Opinion.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Skipper9T, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Skipper9T

Skipper9T Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey IPTF,
    My 19th birthday is coming up, and coincidently it's 12 days before Christmas. My parents asked if I wanted a GPS unit/replacement ipod touch? That is, a TomTom (GPS unit) for my birthday - and an iPod Touch 32GB for Christmas (my 8gb 2G was stolen at uni).

A mate today raised the question of "Why don't you just get an iPhone for combined birthday/Christmas? and save yourself carrying around a GPS unit AND a music player" which is a good idea, so I put the idea forth to my parents and they didn't mind - however I would have to pay the difference (~$300AUD) - to which I'm happy to do so.

I want to know what your opinion of this is, and what IS better/faster - ipod touch 3g, or iphone 3gs.

ATM: I have a 12 month contract with 3 (three)(started in July sometime), Samsung F480 $29 plan without internet. I have wifi at home and would rarely need to use internet mobile. (however I do not pay for the cap plan)..

Do I just go with the TomTom and Ipod Touch 32gb, or do I just get an iPhone, I'm really confused.

Your suggestions?

(P.S sorry if this is in the wrong thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, the iPod touch3G will be slightly faster, since there are less program running in the background.
  3. auv5

auv5 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well if you want speed they are both the same proccesser speed
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yeah but its like a 0.00000000001% unotticable change
  4. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i wouldnt because the contract and everything will end up being more expensice
  5. Skipper9T

Skipper9T Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You sir, don't know what the he'll you are talking about.

EDIT:
    Didn't read the OP's post until now and I didn't realize he/she was talking about the iPhone compared to iPod touch 3G.
  7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried looking at something like ebay or something like craigslist (not sure what they have in your area). I imagine you can pick up even a 3gs for much cheaper than retail.
  8. Skipper9T

Skipper9T Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Problem is.. I like warranty, even if I've never actually had to use warranty on any of my electronics (except xbox 360's 3 red rings of death - but I don't include that because it's Microsoft haha).. and yeah just like having that peace of mind that i'm backed for 12 months by apple, whereas on ebay, you just don't know 100%.. know what I mean? But I'll have a look around if I can get it cheaper with warranty
  9. juone95

juone95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wow. Finally some sense of grammar. Woot. Anywho, I believe you should get an iPhone 3gs. Its basically an iPod Touch 3g with a camera, and a cell. All 3 devices in 1 ^~^
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Problem with having an iPhone, if you lose it or get it stolen, you are short of an iPod and a phone. If you lose your iPod touch, you only lose an iPod and not a phone.