Need WinSCP Info About Processes; NOT How To SSH

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TooGoodAtCOD4, Sep 17, 2009.

1. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have successfully SSH'd into my ipt2g many times. I understand that process clearly. The problem I'm running into is what to do after I do that! I have found little pieces here and there about add this folder, add this file etc. but was wondering if anyone knew of any place where there is more info on this?? I have read the sticky thread here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102569

But for example, I added a new folder named Fonts, like the thread tells me, to try to organize my Winterboard better cause I have way too many of them. When I tap into Winterboard and then on what I think is the Fonts folder, the puts a checkmark beside it like it's a theme or something similar, not go into it to view all the fonts.

Other questions I had were: Why do some folders get .theme at the end and others do not? Also, what does .png stand for? And, I'm not sure I fully understand what Info.plist is and how to use it? (I have a very brief background in C++ so I do at least recognize the code.)

I know this is just a lack of experience on my part of not knowing what the hell is going on in WinSCP lol, which brings me to my original question about needing some more info on the actually processes you should take in WinSCP.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

TooGoodAtCOD4
  2. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, said simpler:

1. Using WinSCP, how do I make Winterboard more organized? I want several sub-folders like Fonts or Several Different Themes etc. - it thinks the folders I create are themes. They are not ending in ".theme".

2. Also, is it possible to have many different themes, icons, wallpapers, widgets or whatever on your Winterboard at the same time so you can switch between them whenever you like??

3. I would like to know how to be able to type anything I want and have it on my Status bar. NOT with Make It Mine because it only allows 5 characters and Supreme 7 characters. If this involves code, please point me in the right direction.

4. I would like to be able to edit some themes that I have downloaded off of Cydia. I would like the icons from one, background from another... etc.

5. How can I get a custom boot logo on my ipt2g 3.0 Firmware? LogoMe I read on here and YouTube that it does not work with my setup.

I read that Winterboard with WinSCP and OpenSSH can do any sort of customization you want...