Need Windows XP Expert Help.

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by JOS, Jul 31, 2008.

1. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Can anyone help me with this..?
    I have a friend who's got a Windows XP desktop computer and he apparently has forgotten the password to access his account.
    No guest account is on and he's the only account on his computer.
    He's also told me that he has a lot of important things in there, so it made want to help him even more.
    So what can I do guys? The idea is that I have to figure out how to access his account by bypassing the password or anything else that can get me through. thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    he likely made a new master account sepparate from the main admin account. So if he is on the login screen he should be able to hit ctrl+alt+del to access the alternate user menu. Then if he types in administrator as the user name, and no pass he should be able to log in. From there he should be able to dissable the pass on his other account from the User Settings menu in control panel.

If the admin account is pw protected, there will be problems. There are ways tho. If the other thing i said doesnt work, then PM me and ill try to help.
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1 word: ophcrack.
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    with no account he gonna have to find someone else to download and burn 500mb of data
  5. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the OP can do that for him! right?
  6. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for all the help Matty, but unfortunately, he has no master account, and doing the ctrl+alt+del thing on the welcome screen won't do anything. There was a "recovery..." something when his computer stars up and I don't know the password to his administrator thing. know what I mean?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    the OP?
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  8. Totally 1337

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    original poster. i meant you

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You sure, if you hold ctrl and alt then tap delete and then tap it again. It should pull up the menu were you can type in the user name.

and the safe mode method is old and not great for people that may not know what they are doing. The key presses should work. If not then someone turned something off.

Neither method works for vista unless it was previously set up to allow admin account access prior to the lost PW. But this is XP so either method will work, The crtl+alt+del method will be faster but safe mode can be used if your friend cant get the window up.
  10. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch