Need ur advice...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wardy, Jun 11, 2008.

1. wardy

wardy New Member

Hi

Sorry about this random messege but i didn't know who else to ask. My brother is on O2 (UK) and will be upgrading his iphone in July. With this in mind he has offered to sell me him old iphone for £99 (family rates).

I currently own a fast internet phone, samsung Soul, and a 16gb touch. However im sick of carrying around two devices.

Would it be worth my while to get this device or for the 3G on O2 PAYG? either way im on a t-mobile 18month contract and i would have to get the phone unlocked etc so i can use my t-mobile simcard and data tarrif.

Has anyone put a uk t-mobile sim in a iphone and if so how fast is the net?
    What are your views? i honestly don't know what to do?

EDIT: Also this means i can sell my ipod touch and new phone
  2. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Tell your brother he's a tight arse

Please Register or Log in to view images

. O2 members can upgrade to the 3g iPhone for FREE. All they have to do is agree to a new 18 month contract (which is no big deal if you're already contracted to them).

Secondly: I'm sure I've read all over the place that the iPhone can be unlocked quite easily. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use a T-Mobile sim in an iPhone.

BUT, why not wait to see how much O2 is going to charge for the PAYG 3g iPhone? Who knows, you may be able to afford the 3g one?

Personally I'm gonna upgrade! O2 offer an "unlimited" data and Wifi tarriff. That'll do for me

Anyone want a 4gig Nokia N91

3. wardy

wardy New Member

haha good point about waiting. feel gutted as i just signed up to a new t-mobile contract 2 weeks ago lol

should have kept my eye out for the new iphone before i upgraded lol