Need two apps

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jpmil, May 14, 2010.

1. jpmil

jpmil New Member

1- shutdown timer. Just like sleep on a tv. 20 minute increments or a set time.
    2- iPod/iPhone remote control for iPad. Pause videos, control volume. Dim screen.

Can these be developed?
  2. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Depends on what you mean by shutdown, the ipad already hibernates if left unattended for a set time. If you want the music to shutdown after a said time, this can only be done with jailbreak at which point you can just add a cron job to kill the process. That should be easy enough to code a front end for.

The second I would imagine is possible but I couldn't say for sure, I know there are some apps for the iphone to control itunes on the mac/pc so I guess it's feasible.
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

For the shutdown timer I'm guessing you want to lock it. Just use the Clock app and go to timer and in the "When Timer Ends" thing click it and change it to "Sleep iPad" (it should be like that, that's how it is on my iPod Touch) and then set it to whatever time you'd like

Please Register or Log in to view images

And I don't know of anything that will do the other thing.
  4. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'm pretty sure he means like totally turn off the device by shutdown. I haven't checked out the jailbreak yet, and I've been kind of out-of-date on all the iDevice jailbreaks. For the second thing, I don't think it's been developed, but I can see it being developed in the future.
  5. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You could do it via terminal using the "shutdown" command with its delay parameters. Not very newbie friendly obviously, but I would think a frontend wouldn't be too hard to write for it.