Need to Restore Broken itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kazzooey, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Kazzooey

Kazzooey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well i'm in a bit of a pickle, heres the issues.

1. My iTouch was Broken, (my sister washed it so now the touch screen doesnt work. It shows up the lock screen, but i cant do anything.)

2. I am going to go and get my iTouch repaired at the Apple Store, but it's jailbroken. So then i dunno what would happen if they had to reset it themselves. Would they block it or, brick it, w/e that means?

3. I would restore it from itunes, but my ipod Nano, and my iTouch arent recognized by my computer. So, i cant go into itunes to restore it.

The best chance i got is going to my friends house and using his computer and hoping it'll recognize it on his comp. But i really want all those songs on my itouch because i dont have those albums anymore and the last bit of that info on the songs is on my itouch. I dont want to store all 800 songs on my friends comp.

I reeeeeaaaally neeed some help. Please.
  2. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's programs out there for transferring your library off the iPod to a computer. You simply need to have it connected to your friend's computer and have some way of saving the music.

If connecting is a problem, you can transfer the music files off your device through wifi, but the song name / album etc will get lost. WinSCP can accomplish this.

http://www.copytoy.com/ was the first hit on Google for a wired transfer.
  3. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    First off, if you do take it to Apple, they won't help you. Why? Because since your sister washed it, it probably got wet. Therefore, the litmus paper in the headphone jack will be brown. Boom, voided warranty. Second, if you put the iPod in a bag of rice for a week or two after the incident, it would work (maybe), but the warranty would still be voided.

However, if the Apple Geniuses by you are not diligent workers, they won't check the litmus paper, and you still have a warranty. Try DFU after the bag of rice trick to dry out the port so iTunes will recognize it. Unfortunately, the only way to keep those songs is by putting them on that other computer.