Need To Purposely Break iPoT

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xSNOWCAT, Feb 6, 2008.

1. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok i know sounds stupied but here me out

i want to sell my ipoT but its in bad condition and wont sell like that, i need to find a way to damage my hardware and not ruin the outside part of the ipod. Any ideas?

a while back i had a football game and it was pouring so the ipod was so wet from the rain the hardware i guess failed with all that water, BTW the icon on the ipod was a folder with a sad icon. I was considering doing this just the shower as rain, but what icon comes up when the water gets in ipoT and will they still replace it? i know they did it once but it was like 2 years back. Any Other ways Because I need to sell this thing

Thanks for any help
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Depend on were you got it from. If the people there are stupid you delete some filre from root/var/bin i think and that should make it stop working. The problem is that you need the jailbreak in order to get it to this point. Then all they would need to do is trigger a restore to fix it. Hopefully they wont tho.
  3. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    isn't t here a way where u can put like 100% alchol in the ipod so it dries out the water and maybe make it work again? or has the water been to long in the ipod? Also the headphone jack turns orange in there from the water.
  4. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    these question didnt helpp me thanks though

anybody else?
  5. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay I'm confused.... do you want to fix it--or break it? And physically (in the hardware), or just the guts of it?
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The sad ipod indicates a hardware issue.
    If your iPod's headphone jack sensor (litmus paper) is a different color: try this.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34760&highlight=litmus

Then, see apple's support page.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61771

Then, if you get the litmus a different color, take it in for apple support so they can't tell. You don't really have anything to lose, seeing as your iPod already has trouble. they might replace it, if they can't tell it's because of water damage.