need to down grade

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sjleworthy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hi guys

I have an office ipod Touch 2nd gen with 3.0 os installed. but i want to down grade to 2.2.1 again. how exactly do i do this? i've followed a couple of online instruction sites but errors come up.

what are the sure fire steps i need to take please? (i dont mind paying for anything again)

thanks
  2. touch cydia

touch cydia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can down grade if you look online for the 2.2.1 firmware. Once you have downloaded the firmware from various websites. wont list cause not allowed to. Go to itunes(Ipod plugged in via usb cable) go to restore but hold the shift button when you click restore. then it will come up with a documents screen. Go to where you saved the firmware and right click firmware. then click on select. Also why you wanan Downgrade
  3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    terrible wi-fi problems. cant connect in most places.
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's not that Wi-Fi is worse, it's more accurate.

It doesn't want to connect to 'weaker' spots.
  5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G

whatever, it doesn't connect in the important places it always did before - in work and at home (amongst a lot of others). this is enough to have us downgrade it.

6. 209chromatic

209chromatic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If someone knows to downgrade feel free to let me know.3.00 is just everything i didn't want for my iphone.I mean why does Apple make new software for the iphone 2g,they should of just left it on 2.2. You might be asking well why did you update to 3.00.Apps are getting updated and will only work on 3.00.Wait i think i know it....Apple is still making the 3.00 available for the ipod 1g and iphone 2g because they know if they don't they will loose a big margin of their profit on the apps store.I guess this is another reason why tech guys (including Leo Laporte) say that Apple is the Most Evil Company.....
  7. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    what websites? got a legal link? Apple only gives out the latest version.

we tried exactly what you said but using the backup version of 2.2.1 we previously saved. we got error messages every time within seconds of selecting it in the documents screen stage. we'll try to download a fresh version as you suggest, but from where?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    any ideas where i can download the downgrade from?
  8. touch cydia

touch cydia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    <redacted>. I went here. DO NOT EXTRACT. It is in winzip form. I have spent hours trying to find out how to make it .ipsw To change a .zip file to .ipsw
    1. make sure u have hide file types turned of Go my computer--->tools--->folder options--->view--->deselect hide known file types
    2. find the zip file DO NOT extract it
    3.Right click go to properties
    4.Up top where it has name ONLY delete .zip Replace it with .ipsw

Now that you have a 2.2.1 ipsw you must plug your ipod touch into comp via usb. Hold shift and click restore, a documents explorer window will pop up. navigate to where you saved the .ipsw double click it and wait for it to restore
  9. Dapuma

Dapuma New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Also you can check on You tube there are a lot of videos on how to downgrade and some have links to the version of the .ipsw they are telling you how to downgrade to.
  10. Screamworks

Screamworks Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OI DO NOT POST LINKS TO THE 2.2.1 FIRMWARE! ITS ILLEGAL!
    Illegal/Pirated material is strictly forbidden on these forums. Please read the rules before posting.
    Reported
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OI DO NOT POST LINKS TO THE 2.2.1 FIRMWARE! ITS ILLEGAL!
    Illegal/Pirated material is strictly forbidden on these forums. Please read the rules before posting.
    Reported