Need to backup my ipod...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gamenomad, Apr 11, 2009.

1. gamenomad

gamenomad New Member

Well, sorry for bad english (im tired at 1:30 AM) probably this was posted earlier but I am actually searching for a damn way to backup my Ipod Touch someway so I can totally get the data after I register it again on iTune. I busted my old hard disk (not really busted, just f*d up the software on it and I don't want to lose my important data by deleting it. I also lost my chipset CD, so im screwed. Window is not stable at all and the chipset and drivers are corrupted. Can't connect to the internet. Wanted to put it as a slave disk but lack a SATA power plug. And Microbyte dont have splitters.) and wanna sync my iPod to update it (stuck with 2.3) keeping the apps, music, videos.. Everything in fact.
    Need a free, working and if possible simple (Don't have time to f* up my iPod with Hex editors). Tried TouchCopy, CopyTrans, don't really work. I don't want to jailbreak my pod. But if I jailbreak it, can I do a backup before deleting it and upgrade the firmware? Damn im tired.
    Help the guy who is about to fall asleep on his keyboard. Too much L4D today.
    Need to sleep and do something for easter other tahn computer. I got6 my quota for the week. 2 month trying to find a way to backup this ipod and I just hate more Apple for doing this to us. Help... Too tired to continue my blahblah and i look ridiculous writing this like a zomb. Damn...
  2. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, use iFunBox.

And I haven't been able to get into a good game all day on L4D I keep on getting DCed.
    They have such sh*tty servers...

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. gamenomad

gamenomad New Member

Thanks, I'll try it.

thanks for the tip. I'll try that.
    sh*tty servers, you say? I say YES REALLY. half an hour to find a good one on L4D... And most of the time were only two and two bots or somebody in the team try to kill everyone or even go away from us... Well, anyway this is an Ipod touch forum so i'll try it when back home.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I downloaded and transferred all my ipod data to a backup folder. But now, how do you transfer PC files to the iPod. The ''copy from PC'' button is grey shaded (can't click on it) How to use my backup? Window explorer can't see the ''iPod exclusive data'' like apps... (!) Flash seconds new: iTunes, when attempting to upgrade my firmware, f*d up and system data was corrupted. Needed to restore (deleting everything!!!) to get my iPod back to work (actually resetting on my desk). At least, I already backed up all data with iFunBox in a folder.
    What to do now to get all my files back?
    EDIT: Needed to rebuild library, lost apps (at least I have the hist) lost all vids, network settings(im using encrypted network, you know...). What did you do, Apple... What a mess.
    EDIT2: Ok, putted my old Raw File System into the ipod, lost 1GB of space (what the hell is that?) got all my settings back, my library was rebuilded by hands, I have all my songs renammed but lost most of the artwork just need some autosearch and I'm fine. lost vids (not so much, I had 2-3 TV show on it) Only bad thing is the loss of all app data. Can't get them back, need to redownload everything. ;found what the almost 1GB mix is the artwork,settings and old usefull system data, internet stuff, etc... Got a bad ''iPoding/downloading'' day tomorrow. Damn I should not have used all the broadband with P2P downloads...