need summerboard help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by just free, Dec 29, 2007.

1. just free

just free New Member

i dont know what happend but my background doesnt cover my screen down to the dock. it looks like theres a second dock on top behind the icons. heres a screenshot.

Please Register or Log in to view images

if anyone knows what i did and know how i can fix it that would be great.
  2. just free

just free New Member

anyone know whats up with this?
  3. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

This happens when you add the "More Options" things from the Tutorial Skylar made, pretty easy just turn "New Dock" on that should do the trick.
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I can't be sure, but I think it has something to do with the latest version of Summerboard and the size of dock backgrounds. Older themes used dock backgrounds that were about half the height of your dock icons. The newer version of Summerboard supports dock backgrounds that extend the full height of the dock, so old themes with half-height dock backgrounds are now being drawn from the top of the dock instead of the middle, making them appear to be floating there.

That's my theory anyway.

EDIT: I didn't do the "more options" thing (not even sure what that is) but it happens to me, too.
  5. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

This is what I meant, people had this exact same problem, that's why I suggested the same solution Skylar gave... I had the same issue, and turning on "New Dock" worked ^^
  6. just free

just free New Member

siiiiick. thanks boss.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Cool tweak -- I installed it and turned on "Use New Dock" but I still have the same problem; my dock background is still floating at the top of the dock. I'm using a Summerboard theme though, if that matters.
  8. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

This may sound like some sort of a broken record... but have you tried uninstalling and installing again summerboard?
  9. just free

just free New Member

power off your ipod after you turn on new dock. power it back up and the floating dock is no longer there. thats what i did.
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Did that. Didn't work. I guess I'll have to try uninstalling and reinstalling Summerboard.