need some serious help with my itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Daddel, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Daddel

Daddel New Member

hi guys,
    you are my last hope to solve my problem <.<
    so as the title says, i need some help with my ipod touch 16gb and firmware 1.1.4.
    i wanted to jailbreak it, but as ziphone 3.0 was hacking, i accidently removed the usb wire out of the itouch. now, the itouch just starts in recovery mode. i tried to force the itouch to go into DFU mode. that worked, itunes also finds the ipod but when i restore the ipod, i get error 1601 and after that my ipod has a white screen.
    i tried to use iliberty, didnt work, i tried to use ziphone 2.6b to restore it, didnt work either.
    i tried iphuc, but the commands i found dont seem to work in dfu mode. i tried to reinstall itunes cause of the 1601 error, didnt work. some guys told me to use SSH, but didnt know what to do with it themselves <.<
    i'm kinda desperate by now and dont know what to do ;( plz help me !
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    According to Apple, to fix Error 1601 you'll have to reinstall iTunes and Apple Mobile Device.
  3. Daddel

Daddel New Member

yeah, i did that, but it didnt help.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Did you restore once it was set into DFU Mode, or was it in regular Restore Mode?
  5. Daddel

Daddel New Member

i had to restore in DFU mode because itunes doesnt even find my itouch in recovery mode.