Need some help with apparently unsuccessful untethered jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ryuujin27, Mar 16, 2009.

1. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

So I used the QuickFreedom method to jailbreak my IPT2G for the first time, starting on a windows PC then moving to the mac to install the firmware so that it would sync with my mac. However, after 3 days of it running perfectly, I can't get it to boot. Last night I charged it up and then turned it off after it was done due to a trip I was taking today and I wanted to have full battery. However, when I got into the car this morning and went to turn it on, the apple logo came up (I didn't do a custom boot logo) and it would not go past that screen.

Can anyone tell me what the hell happened and how to fix it? I tried plugging it into my pc and booting it but that didn't work either.
  2. - Wesker -

- Wesker - New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Rejailbreak
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try a NOR only untethered restore and see what happens.
  4. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

Actually, I found a site that had official firmware on it and I've decided to hold off on the jailbreak until it is more stable. I've always had bad luck with jailbreaking/hacking things so I'm just going to say screw it and go with official stuff for now.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You might have just installed something that messed up your iPod.
  6. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The jailbreak isn't going to get any more stable.
    You might just become a little more competent at following instructions

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

Har har, you're so funny! Of course it can become more stable. Instead of having all these varied methods, a new version of QuickPwn can be released that will have a nice, simple GUI and be able to do it nice and quick.

Also, I really have no idea what the problem is, because I've turned it totally off while jailbroken before, but never for as long as over night. Oh well, no jailbreaking for me for a while. I've got my dictionary, comic viewer, and Tap Defense from the official store anyway
  8. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Quickpwn won't DFU for you, it will create a custom firmware (as do all unofficial tools) and it won't restore the software for you.
    Nothing against the dev team ofcourse.
    I'm guesses you used a bad IPSW from the offset.
  9. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

I used the custom IPSW made for me by QuickFreedom.

Before that my iPod was running official IPSW straight from the iTunes upgrades.
  10. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm talking about the origional firmware that quickfreedom customized. Try redownloading the official IPSW again and redoing the jailbreak from the start.