Need some help... (purchase consultation)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SaMaster14, Aug 21, 2010.

1. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well... I am going to need a computer for school this coming year, just to basically take notes and stuff. And some of my friends have Ipads and say that with the keyboard dock, its a perfect computer replacement (for a great price when you look at other Mac laptop prices).

But... I heard somewhere that when the new Ipod touch 4 is released this september (which I am getting regardless

Please Register or Log in to view images

), there will be a new Ipad coming out. I thought it would at least be another 6 months to a year before a new Ipad was released. Is that information about a new Ipad software update (4.0 with multitasking, etc), in which case a 1st gen ipad would be good to buy, since I could upgrade.

Basically... with all those words above... should I get an Ipad? or is something new and spectacular coming very soon?

(oh and in general, will Ipad be updated with a type of 4.0 with multitasking?)

Thanks for any help, I honestly appreciate it

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Around september a new one is coming. I would wait
  3. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I know the new Ipod Touch 4 is coming out... but are we sure a new Ipad is coming?

I'll definitely wait for September though... but if nothing new is almost solidly rumored, or if nothing new has surfaced, I'll probably purchase the iPad.

Thanks for the reply though... a new Ipad would be awesome!
  4. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i would wait too
  5. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    But how long? if a new device is coming March/April, I will buy the 1st gen ipad and sell it closer to the new devices release date.

I need something for Sept/Oct...

BTW... what is the deal with this "Iprod 2,1" i've been reading about? Is that the new Ipad? And if it is, are we guessing Sept release or March/April release? Or is the "2,1" the Ipad Mini (which I am not interested in, since I'm getting the Ipod Touch 4G anyways)

Plus, even if a new one is coming March/April, will the Ipad get a type of 4.0 before that? I've heard Sept/Oct for Ipad 4.0, so why would Apple release a brand new Ipad so soon?

Sorry this is just driving me CRAZY... since I need something for school and I would rather purchase sooner than later.

Thanks for any help!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    sorry for the bump.. but I edited my last post with some more info/questions i have.

I'm sorry to be pressing you guys, i'm just hoping for an answer by tomorrow (about concrete rumors of a new device coming septembers, not in 6 months)
  6. borgqueen

borgqueen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Rumors are not facts! If apple follows their normal proceeders the new iPad won't released until April on the anniversary of the release of the iPad. There is No Proof of anything else happening.
    Check out your friends Ipad and get it!
  7. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would just wait until the Apple event that they announce the ipod touch 4 just to be safe, $500 is a lot of money to buy something that may become obsolete within a couple months. I would bet my house that when the iPad gets 4.0 that it gets "multitasking"
  8. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    With the iPad its kinda hard to predict as we only have one date for iPad possible releases. Your better off just waiting till something better or "Spectacular" come out.