need some help please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by morsecode191, Dec 25, 2008.

1. morsecode191

morsecode191 New Member

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting, probably not but sorry I'm new to the forums!

K I just got my Ipod Touch today for Christmas, woo! Anyways It's 1G and has 1.1.5 FW and I want to update to 2.0 then 2.2 (is 2.2 the best?). Is there a legit way to get 2.0 for free like all the Youtube videos say and show or are they all no good? I'm downloading the file off this site (<removed>) and the file's called (iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw). I guess I'm supposed to Shift-Click Restore and it should update? I already restored the iPod back to original just in case.

And after finally getting 2.2 I want to Jailbreak the Ipod, can someone just lead me in the right direction as to what the best way to Jailbreak is? I'm a complete amateur and anything will help!

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong place or if these things have been discussed! I tried searching to no avail

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to iPod touch Fans! You're perfectly fine posting this here.

First off, downloading Firmware 2.0 for free is legit but it's illegal. Plus, I wouldn't trust that link you posted (which I removed) especially if it came from a YouTube video. These types of links are often viruses.

When you're on Firmware 2.2, read my guide on how to jailbreak Firmware 2.2:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115155
  3. morsecode191

morsecode191 New Member

Ahh well thank you for removing the link, posting your guide, welcoming me, and in such a quick reply! Lol I'm probably just going to buy the upgrade off Apple then just to be safe. You were a great help and I'll be sure to use your guide! Thank you!
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your welcome! Enjoy your new iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images