Need some help choosing a good case

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by nsx_23, Oct 18, 2008.

1. nsx_23

nsx_23 New Member

Now that my BSE got ripped apart by the Apple store guy, I have another one on the way, and would like to get one which actually fits a 2G touch with a BSE on it.

I've narrowed it down to these ones:

1) Griffin Flexgrip Griffin FlexGrip Case for iPod Touch 2G RED & BLACK NEW - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 01-Nov-08 09:51:50 AEDST)

2) Macally Bellat Leather case MACALLY BELLAT LEATHER LANYARD CASE FOR iPOD TOUCH 2G - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 08-Nov-08 07:49:02 AEDST)

3) Speck Pixelskin SPECK PixelSkin for Apple iPod touch 2G Black NEW - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 14-Nov-08 17:07:48 AEDST)

4) Belkin Silicone sleeve Belkin Silicone Sleeve for iPod touch 2G Black/Blue 2PK - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 14-Nov-08 17:12:39 AEDST)

5) Macally msuit silicone skin MACALLY mSUIT 3-PK SILICONE SKIN CASE FOR iPOD TOUCH 2G - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 17-Nov-08 08:28:28 AEDST)

6) Macally leather suit MACALLY BLACK LEATHER CASE+SCREEN FILM FOR iTOUCH 2 2G - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 17-Nov-08 09:36:45 AEDST)

7) Griffin Elan form case Griffin Elan Form case for iPod touch 2G with EasyDock - eBay Cases, For iPod, iPod MP3 Accessories, Electronics. (end time 16-Nov-08 04:28:23 AEDST)

I can't decided which one would be the best. The Griffins look good, but I don't really need 2 cases, and I can't buy them separately. I think the Macally one with the lanyard and metal carabiner is very cool and is the cheapest, but I'm not sure it actually offers decent protection. I do like the speck, but its a bit pricey. All of these should fit with a BSE on the touch right since they're pretty flexible?

In the end, I don't want to spend too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mosgeo2000

mosgeo2000 New Member

Can't help with the others but I can tell you that the Griffin Elan Form absolutely does not fit with a BSE on. I know this because I bought one after I had put the BSE on, stupidly forced it on over the BSE (it was tight but I didn't think too tight, d'oh) and then could not get the easy dock part off again!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ended up using pliers to pull the bottom part of the case off and then took hours to take the top part off, millimetre by millimetre....Ruined the Elan, ruined the BSE and then got a Rebel Touch which does the job nicely.

Hope this has helped: One down, six more to choose from.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good luck.
  3. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    honostly, i would say no case....
    im usually all for cases and stuff b/c i like my stuff looking 100% perfect...but seriously..its an iPod...its suposed to be used. cases ruin the sexyness and thin-ness of the device, and not sure about the 2g...but will probably make the external speaker not sound as great.

so what? the back gets some scratches....its not really a huge deal, its not like the screen itself is being scratched...

anyway, thats my opinion, save $20 and dont get a case, and just enjoy the iPod
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I've recomended this case so many times, but here goes.
    Marware Sport Grip
  5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yeah the marware or the nu form will best fit
  6. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

I'm still torn up between getting an IS or another case, but I'm leaning toward the IS because, gosh darn it, the 2g is just darn sexy. I just don't want a case bulking up the aesthetically pleasing look of the iPod Touch 2g
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    For sure ^_^
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    good point
  8. nsx_23

nsx_23 New Member

Hmm, I'm leaning towards the Griffin ones, but I have a feeling I'll get sick of the way they look after a short while.

The Griffin Nuform and Marware do look good, but since I'm in Australia I'll have to buy them from ebay, and I can't find any right now.
  9. nsx_23

nsx_23 New Member

Anyone want to chime in?
  10. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Go ahead for a rebeltouch, that will atleast safe your ipod from minor drops...