need some good advice here.

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by randomronik, Mar 15, 2008.

1. randomronik

randomronik New Member

hey guys,

Im about to graduate high school and head off to college. Ive been thinking bout what kinda laptop im gonna get. Ive used a mac a couple of times. Used windows forever.. I know im going to get biased opinions here to go with a mac but really guys.. Whats better for college?? Im talking reliability, fun, able to do a bit of illegal downloading and stuff, compatibility.. I need some good opinions here.

Thanks guys!
    You all are the best.
  2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

go with a mac if you just want to go to school with it want to do somethings you cant do with mac then go with windows xp
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Go with the one that you like, and the one that you are more familiar with. When it comes down to it, a computer is nothing more than a computer, and you should use the one that you is the best for you.
  4. joshua_davis18

joshua_davis18 New Member

i second this. The computer is only as good as you are familiar of the OS. If you are good with Windows use windows if your good with macs get a mac.
  5. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    And what if you're proficient with both?
    Buy a Macbook (pro or not), w/ Leopard, and then purchase the Parallels product?
    xD
  6. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    keep in mind that windows laptops are much cheaper and as you dont say you will be doing much gaming or anything more than i guess photoshop or something you can pick up a laptop with 1gb RAM and a dual core prosessor for about 300 pounds sterling ($600) but seeing as prices are cheaper in the US probably more like $500
    pc are much more flexible, like you could buy a cheaper smaller one, a cheaper larger one a medium priced one with cool features like fingerprint sensors and other things, and with mac you just get the overpriced macbook or the even more overpriced macbook pro
  7. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    one things. MAC!! well the thing u should understand is that mac is more powerful. Less able to be customize compared to windows but far more powerful and unbreakable in terms of viruses. The thing about a macbook or macbook pro is that u can load both windows and mac os x through boot camp...so i guess the choice is really clear. GL in ure search
  8. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Get Xp you already know how to use it.
  9. brosmooth

brosmooth New Member

yea, i would do the mac and then make it so you can run windows off it too, so you get the best of both worlds.
  10. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    a mac will last you for much longer as well