Need Restore Assistance

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by welovekah, Mar 23, 2008.

1. welovekah

welovekah New Member

Alright, i've got some of the common problems, but muddled up to the point that their respective solutions don't seem to apply. Joyous day.

Background: Ipod was working fine on 1.1.4; but I decided to downgrade because I missed having applications that actually worked. So I downgraded to 1.1.1, and all was merry for a few moments. I tried to jailbreak with ZiPhone, but it got stuck looping, so I took it's advice and tried the 'NVRAM Fix'. This did nothing.

So now we get to the primary error; the infamous BSD error. Starting the ipod back up sees it looping at...
    Code:
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0
    in addition, unplugging/replugging the USB cable results in a quick
    Code:
    IOIpodUSBDevuce::StartIpodStack can't start! Need configuration
    Now here, most suggest to hold sleep+home until it shuts off, and then continue holding home until it connects to itunes. However, after shutting off, continuing to hold home does nothing. Upon startup it immediately scrolls down to the BSD error again.

I'm assuming that the normal fix doesn't work because it can't connect to ITunes, and I've heard tidbits about something called 'iPhuc' helping in this situation. So, can anyone give some concrete advice on what I should do at this point? It would be greatly appreciated.
  2. zanyzonk1

zanyzonk1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iPhuc uses a USB connection to send commands. Try booting into DFU (recovery) mode (using command enterrecovery) from iPhuc.

Download iPhuc for Windows here: http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/101769911/iphuc.zip.html

When In DFU mode, hopefully Itunes will recognise the iPod. If Itunes still refuses to accept it, perhaps try deleting iTunes_Control folder in /var/mobile/media (do this with iPhuc after executing command: setafc com.apple.afc2, then use command: rmdir /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control). Hopefully then you can plug in and restore. If still not working, not sure ... lol.
  3. welovekah

welovekah New Member

Alrighty, booting up iphuc sees it stopping at
    Code:
    CFRunLoop: Waiting for iPhone.
    Since it doesnt advance past there, I assume even it can't detect the touch?
  4. zanyzonk1

zanyzonk1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    re:

Get it replaced under warranty. There's not really any way to fix it if a PC can't detect it as a USB device lol.
  5. welovekah

welovekah New Member

Well it seems to me like the warranty would have been voided by jailbreaking in the first place, no?
    Regardless, the problem lies in the touch, not in the PC. THere must be some way for it to be detected.
  6. zanyzonk1

zanyzonk1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, they probably don't give a damn really. Anyway, you cannot access the iPot in any way, so warranty replacement is your only choice.