need repo host!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FrankDaTank089, Feb 2, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

ok, well I was using googlepages like shootgun fool suggested and made a snes repo. Posted it earlier today and have had like 350 views on the thread already. It worked fine at first, but now it wont download the files. I think bandwidth was the problem, because when I try to download a file from my pc, it pops up with option to save it on a disk or what to open it with, but "ok" is not highlighted and it won't let me click it.

I spent hours and hours getting this repo up, which has like 30-40 roms in it and would love to have it work. what host would you suggest I use. I am trying to go free, and if not free, cheap. thanks!
  2. FrankDaTank089

3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

godaddy should work, but you obviously have to pay...
  4. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For a start, if it shows you the download box then bandwidth isnt the issue.

Have you altered the repo before it stopped working?

www.000webhost.com is good hosting, I use them for my blog
  5. FrankDaTank089

i did alter the repo by adding some more roms but i dont think that would cause it becuase i'm talking about trying to directly download the files from the site on my computer, roms and the .xml file

and $6 isnt bad, i just assumed, well i saw other people getting donations because there repo was gonna cost them $250 a month. and as for the whole problem, see for your self, here is the xml filefrom my googlepage, it is directly off of the site, and has nothing to do with the .xml repo file....

http://frankdatank089.googlepages.com/snesroms.xml
  6. FrankDaTank089

it works fine under internet explorer but dosen't work under firefox, and since it started doing that weird thing under firefox, thats when the repo stoped working. it would show everything but whenever i try and download something, the download bar would go all the way across instantly and say "download file failed!"

any ideas?