need quick help regarding (un)installation of app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by f1.moony, Dec 24, 2009.

1. f1.moony

f1.moony New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i installed Air Video app through winscp like we normally do. as usual, the icon did not show up after a respring, so i installed some app thru cydia and then air video showed up on the springboard. when trying to open the app, it would close instantly. so i uninstalled it by deleting the app from /Applications, which removed it from the springboard. i then converted it to .ipa and try to install it through itunes... the error i receive is as follows:
    'The application "AirVideo" was not installed on the iPod "<ipod name>" because it is already installed.'

i searched for the app in /Applications... not there. i looked in /private/var/mobile/Applications, not there either. i read that apps can sometimes be saved into the cache plist... so i opened up 'com.apple.mobile.installation.plist' but it's not there either.

when i open up 'SBSettings' and check out the 'hide icons' or the 'dock applications' i can still see the app there. same thing when i open up 'catagories', i can see it in there.

any help on how to totally remove it from the ipod?

thanks in advance.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Um, no.

We 'normally' install Air Video through iTunes or the App Store.

Did you buy it? You wouldn't have to SSH it if you did.