iOS 4.1 [Need quick answer] JB 3GS

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by antonixic, Oct 21, 2010.

1. antonixic

antonixic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi,

I have iphone 3GS New bootroom, running iOS 3.1.2 and my baseband is 05.11.07.
    Now I want to upgrade it to iOS4.1 and preserving my baseband to be able to unlock with ultrasn0w.

So here is my questions:

1. I DO NOT have a MAC (it mean I cant use PwnageTool 4.1), so I'm gonna use Sn0wbreeze to build custom firmware for it, does Snowbreeze support 3GS new bootrom? On their site, it does NOT supported but on the video of nobody1187 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3hYHN8fic) it said 3GS new bootrom is good to go. Is there anyone use Sn0wbreeze with 3GS new boot room successful?

2. Does the Tiny Umbrella preserve baseband trick (error 1004) work with 3GS like iphone 4? I mean I'll update throught iTunes with TinyUmbrella TSS server running go get 1004 error, which mean baseband update fail.

Thank you guys!

P/s: I need accuracy answer 'cause this is my friend phone and I dont want screw it up :-S
  2. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1)
    The anwser is no.

2) Im not sure...

Mate, your best of waiting for a port of PwnageTool for Windows, and or use someone elses Mac. Seriously - bit more patience!
  3. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Baseband trick is for iphone4 only , use a custom FW from pwnagetool if you need a unlock
    Or on windows wait for the next sn0wbreeze release
  4. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just pm'ed you
  5. antonixic

antonixic Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thank you guys, really quick answer

Please Register or Log in to view images

@mrez: thank you but as far as I know, custom firmware created by Pwntool 4.1 (on MAC) CANT be Shift Restore on Windows 'cause you MUST use the DFU button come with Pwntool 4.1, it not only guid you how to enter DFU mode but also load exploit for your device - said by the Dev-Team.