Need Professional Jailbreak Aid

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BennyB, Jul 15, 2010.

1. BennyB

BennyB New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey,

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently bought an Ipod Touch 3G 8GB Model (bought around the 8th of July, 2010). Now im aware that the 3G 8GB is basically considered to be a 2G as its only the 32GB+64GB models that incorporate the 3G hardware. However, i cross-checked my models Serial number and it came back as a black, 8GB 3G model, so im posting my enquiry here.

When i bought it, it was at Firmware 3.1.x. However i have recently updated it to Firmware 4.0

-----

For the past week or so i have been trying to jailbreak my Ipod, however every single process i have attempted has come back as a failure.

I have attempted;

Spirit = My model not supported

Snowbreeze = Firmware + Model not supported

BlackRa1n (Tried RC2 and RC3) = Displays the message 'Waiting for Reboot' and freezes. Geo's picture, or the Pineapple, never appears.

Redsnow (Tried 0.9.5b5-5 and 0.9.5b5-3) = I follow the instructions correctly, it goes into DFU mode, it succesfully loads the first stage, then freezes at 'Waiting for Reboot'

After all of these programs my Ipod becomes unusable and had to be put into recovery mode and restored back to the Official 4.0 Firmware that iTunes provides

I have also tried to download and SHIFT+RESTORE to a custom Sinful Firmware (3.1.2) but my iTunes froze at 'preparing Ipod for restore' then displayed an Error. I cannot remember the exact code of the Error, but it is the standard Error when the SHIFT+RESTORE method fails.

After all of these failures, i did some long winded research and came to the conclusion that my model is simply un-jailbreakable (wow what a word). I think the problem might be with the fact that my model is an MC Model.

If anybody could provide some help, or a different way of Jailbreaking my Ipod, that would be great.

I shall provide some information about my device below.

Device Information
    Device - Ipod Touch 3G
    Memory - 8GB (6.8GB Capacity after Itunes' initial Sync)
    Version - 4.0 (8A293)
    Model - MC086BT

PC Information
    OS - Windows 7 32-bit

If anybody can help, but they need more information, just ask and I shall endeavour to provide as much info as is humanly possible.

Thanks in advance.

Ben
  2. The Lurker

The Lurker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what OS is your pc?
  3. BennyB

BennyB New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ah thanks, forgot about that. Updated my post

Im running Windows 7 32-Bit
  4. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

Wait, its a 3G?
    Doesnt it need SHSH Blobs?
    Okay let me try to find a solutions
  5. Athen123

Athen123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm, did you get a warranty? The volume button on my old Ipod Touch broke, so I stuck it into DFU brought it to the apple store and they gave me a new one free of charge. xD You could try this if you really want to jailbreak your ipod.

To the guy above me, he said he has a 3rd Generation Ipod Touch=MC Model.
    Not a an Iphone 3G.
  6. BennyB

BennyB New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know this sounds really bad, but at the time i only had just enough on me to buy the Ipod from the store, the Warranty was an extra £30 ($45). I simply couldnt afford it, so no, it does not have a warranty on it.

Which i thought might work in my favour, as their is no warranty to void by jailbreaking the device.... alas...
  7. BennyB

BennyB New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, hope its ok if i Bump this. Still havent found a way to solve my problem

If nobody replies to this after the bump, i shall just accept that it cant be done and wait for a future model :)
  8. BlackBurningIce

BlackBurningIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok since it's a 3rd gen ipod touch the only method available for you is the sn0wbreeze method which requires a downgrade to 3.1.2. If you can't downgrade there because you don't have your shsh backed up from it then you have to wait like everyone else. If you can downgrade I can give you a link to a guide but it's really lengthy.
  9. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is a standard 1 Year apple warranty on all apple devices, so don't worry