Need new iTouch, some advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Luxlamf, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Luxlamf

Luxlamf New Member

Well riding the Motorcycle today and my 8gig 1 year old iTouch Flew Out of my pocket at 80pmh on the freeway. Spent 1.5 hours going up and down the freeway looking, found the Twisted Aluminum case, never found the body.
    Anyways I had a Love Hate Relationship with it anyways, yes it worked well 30% of the time, Way too many times I would have WiFi servers come up and when I go to join the dreaded "Cannot Join Network" would happen 75% of the time, very aggravating etc.. Anyways I rarely use it as an iPod, I have a Classic with 80g and much easier to maneuverer while on the bike so I had it jailbroken (Not 2.0) and was fine. My questions are. Is the WiFi any better? if so is it noticable? Can I jailbreak the new software and get the older Apps I liked so much and if not can I downgrade to another OS and jail break that?

Thanks For Listening.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The only old software you can get are the one's ported to 2.0 or above(not much).

I don't know about wifi.

And 2.0 and above is jailbreakable. Search the forums on how to do this.

Yes you can downgrade to an earlier firmware. Search for the firmware and download it. Downgrade iTunes. Option click restore and select the firmware.

Hope this helps
  3. Luxlamf

Luxlamf New Member

Thanx, Wonder if I should just iPhone it now. It would great if I could just Buy and iP_hone as use it like an iTouch without the phone being that its cheaper.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you cant do that, not with the 3g

only with the old iphone, which isnt as cheap as the touch unless you buy one used
  5. Luxlamf

Luxlamf New Member

I bought refurb, saved $100 and Get it with the 1.1.4 on it. So its all good.