Need New Headphones!

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Ihrm, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm in dire need for some new headphones. I listen to a lot of underground rap, but also a lot of indie rock and techno-ish stuff. I want some that is thing in ear, lasts a while, and has good all around sound, but bass is a little bit more important. My budget is $140 max Canadian. If anyone knows a good online store for headphone in Canada that would be appreciated.
  2. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    id try some skullcandy's particularly these ones they have heavy base without the actually vibration you know?
  3. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Kinda want to stay away from skullcandy's. Had a pair and they died really fast.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Skullcandys aren't that great.
    Since somebody's most likely going to suggest them, you should look at the Sennheiser CX 500's
    They're pretty good from the reviews I've seen on most sites.
    I'd try them out, but I just bought some other earphones... I'll just save up a bit and buy them later.
  5. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there any Canadian online stores that sell headphones that I should know of?
  6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do not buy Skullcandy. They're a waste of money. SQ is bad, build is bad.
  7. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Lately reading though forums i have come to the conclusion that most guys arround here are under 15 years so no doubt they'll go to tell you "buy skullcandies.."

Skullcandies are utter sh*t - You get nothing but an ugly design for the price you pay. Other than that there is always a better alternative to skullcandies that is even cheaper ...
  8. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know that SkullCandies suck, I just didn't want to say it cause lots of people on the forums think they are great for some reason. Also it's pretty stereotypical of you to say that all people under 15 are allover skullcandies. I hate that on every forum that people under 15-16 are labeled as not smart and invaluable. I'm 13 by the way. I gonna get the sennheiser and I might post a review after a while.
  9. beebop

beebop New Member

Search for the chungster and pm him.... he'll find you the best ones for your budget
  10. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha I was knda hoping for him to answer in this thread. I think he would have said the CX500s too as he always recommends them (I think...)