Need new earbuds

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by tech3475, Sep 15, 2010.

1. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My Sony MDRE818LP have broken and I need to replace them after hearing how appalling the Apple ones sound in comparison (a spare set I had).

I can get replacement Sony's for £5.99 but I am wondering if there is a better alternative available now, I would prefer a max budget of £20.

I tried the in ear ones and I didn't find them comfortable so only earbuds.

thank you.
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have heard that skullcandy is kinda good, its cheapish at about 15-20 euros. Sony ones are terrible they tangle so easily, I have the green ones.
  3. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They all seem to be in ear ones though not just earbuds.

I only like normal earbuds because I find them more comfortable.
  4. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Skullcandy is crap. Dont get them. If you wanna get cheap in-ears, JVC Marshmallows.
  5. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Same issue, I want earbuds not IEMs.

Here are the Sony earphones for an example: http://tinyurl.com/2vkjehn
  6. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Ehh... good earbuds. The only ones I know of that are good are the ones from YUIN, and they are all >$75

Check out some Sennheiser earbuds. Sorry for not being able to help, i'm not much of an expert on earbuds

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can anyone recommend a particular model Sennheiser? I have look on amazon.co.uk and several of them are very cheap.

The ones I am looking at are the mx 160 and mx 660.
  8. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can't speak on those particular models but Sennheiser is very reputable, and their higher-end iem is just fantastic to my ears. Either one should sound a lot better than stock apple buds.

If you get used to wearing in-ear types, you'll find that they are indeed way more comfortable because they should feel like they aren't even there.

I had comfort issues for about first two weeks I've tried in-ear but after that I got used to it and now find ear buds uncomfortable because I feel like they are pulling down on my ears. Whereas when I wear my sennheier in-ear around the ear down, I can sleep with them on and have on several occasions while listening to music.
  9. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So what iems are recommended then? Because the only real issue for me is comfort, especially say when lying on my side in bed.
  10. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    klipsch x10 was one of the most comfortable iems i've ever used. But the price to performance ratio might not be worth it for some people. I can't imagine klipsch s2m being that further down in comfort level for the price. But it might not be very good for use on bed while lying on the side because of little protruding.

etymotic are also comfortable. But not so good for lying on side because it protrudes a little bit like klipsch.

the only sennheiser iem i have is the ie8 which I find very comfortable but some people find it discomforting. On the other hand, there is very little to no protruding (at least on my ears) and basically it's flat so I can lie on my side listening to it no problem.