Need major help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gladiator76, Jul 5, 2009.

1. gladiator76

gladiator76 New Member

Ok so my ipod touch 1g was bugging the last couple of weeks so i decided to restore all contents and settings from the ipod itself... A bar then came up and took a while to fill up and then the ipod restarted and went into the apple logo screen. I left it for a day and still it was frozen. I let the battery run out and turned it on again and still it would stay frozen on the apple logo screen...occasionally every five minutes or so the ipod restarts by itself...now here is where it gets worse....i read posts telling me to put it in dfu/recovery mode but one major problem my home button hasnt been working for the past couple of weeks...also when i connect my ipod to the computer, it will not be recognized by the computer or itunes...and also even when it starts charging the battery it only recharges so that it turns on for about five minutes or so...
    so please if you have any suggestions please help...ALL information or suggestions will be appreciated....
  2. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    there should be computer software for putting your ipod in DFU mode externally from the computer
    search
    maybe ziphone? or just search for ipod utility software
  3. gladiator76

gladiator76 New Member

Thank you interestingkid for the help, i tried using ziphone but the problem still exists that my computer and itunes can not detect the ipod touch....please if there are any more suggestions please let me know...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Has anyone had a problem like this? or knows anyone who had such a problem? Also are there any other suggestions i should try before completely quitting on my ipod touch...please if you have any ideas let me know? Also does anyone know if Apple can do anything about my situation since i do not have warranty? Please let me know...thank you.
  4. ipodwizard23

ipodwizard23 New Member

This happened to a friend of mine, he ended up selling it online. He didnt get much for it and i still thought there was a way to fix it. Only if you could fix the home button without having to turn on the ipod, like fixing it manually or maybe even having apple fix it if there is a way, then i think you can put it in recovery mode and restore your ipod from itunes. This is all i can say, keep trying who knows you might have some luck and get it fixed. Best of luck.