[NEED] Information about 2.0 Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Grebby, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Grebby

Grebby New Member

Hey Guys,

I have been running on a 1.1.4 Jailbreak for quite some time now and I have downloaded a couple of apps from installer (duhh). Theres this new (i think its new) Cydia and I dont know if its better than installer or if I should just stay with installer and forget about getting cydia. Im currently downloading the 2.0 Restore thing so I thought I would ask a few questions.. lol.
    Im going to use QuickPwn to jailbreak so should I get Cydia and Installer or just Installer or just Cydia. I know how to use the installer quite well and havent had much problems with it in the past and from researching I have found out that Cydia reorganizes the applications so wont installer/cydia clash?! Maybe thats a noob question..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also I have used WinSCP to copy some of the apps I had on my 1.1.4 jailbroken iPod such as Tris, Customize, Some Wallpapers, Customize themes and a couple other apps that I really liked! Will these work if I SSH them back into my iPod once I QuickPwn'ed it or will I just have to download them from my installer/cydia or whatever..

Sorry about so many questions I just want to know what is best!
    Thanks!
  2. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

You really should put your title in the form of a question, like it's now it seem that you are informing rather than looking for information.
  3. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recommend using Cydia, Installer really provides nothing special anymore.
    Copying your 1.x applications won't work, but you'll most likely be able to find the same application or equivalent on 2.x.
    Also, I recommend that you use 2.0.2, not 2.0.
  4. Grebby

Grebby New Member

Can I QuickPwn into 2.0.2? I have an iPod Touch 8GB but on the Thread How To Jailbreak or w/e its called it said 64BIT ONLY or something and that scared me lol..

What are the advantages to cydia over installer?
  5. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    really?? i find 2.0 convenient though...
  6. Grebby

Grebby New Member

I just want the AppStore + a free installer/cydia lol..
    2.0 Will give me that correct?
    And I want some fixes that the ZiPhone kind of messed up on my iPod 1.1.4 Jailbreak
    (Youtube Glitching, Safari Cookies etc.)
  7. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you should download both installer is kinda buggy thats all
  8. Grebby

Grebby New Member

So If I get Installer and Cydia the apps I download with installer wont cause cydia to malfunction or anything because it moves the apps to save space?
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Cydia is just so much better.... you don't even no. Installer crashes like it's a feature. It can't load very many sources, and more people are using Cydia now. There is almost nothing to download in Installer, whereas Cydia has all the up to date apps.

I am the maker or the stickied thread, and it's for 32 bit users actually. That thing that says 64 bit is for problems with 64 bit users, and that they have to download that to get it working like it does in 32 bit.

EDIT: No, Cydia and Installer won't clash. It symlinks the apps, so when Installer looks there, it gets redirected to your apps. Installer is worthless, I wouldn't even really bother having it.
  10. Grebby

Grebby New Member

Oh thank you very much

Another Question.. sorry!
    So Im on 1.1.4 [Jailbroken] right now and I am going to use QuickPwn to update to 2.0 do I have to update to 2.0 (Hold shift and press update on iTunes) before I use the QuickPwn? Or do I go straight to it from 1.1.4