need help!!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by crazyfellow1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. crazyfellow1

crazyfellow1 New Member

I bought the 2.0 upgrade and tried to download it to my ipod but it says "An error occurred while backing up this iPod (-5000). Would you like to continue to update this iPod without backup? continuing without backup will result in loss of all contents on this iPod." did this happen to anyone else? and will it erase all of my internet bookmarks?
  2. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

just do it!
  3. crazyfellow1

crazyfellow1 New Member

will it delete all of my bookmarks? and did this happen to anyone else?
  4. T.S. Kelso

T.S. Kelso New Member

I've got the same problem. I have iTunes 7.7 installed and purchased the 2.0 update for the iPod touch. Turned off and restarted my touch (32GB, only a couple of months old, not jailbroken). Also rebooted my computer. Did a sync. Still get this message. Don't know what I'm going to lose if I say continue. I'd sure like to know whether anyone else has figured this out!
  5. hockeynut0103

hockeynut0103 New Member

Yea, that happened to me a while ago... what do you need from your bookmarks?
  6. T.S. Kelso

T.S. Kelso New Member

Okay, I tried rebooting my iPod (turned it off, held the Home button, turned it back on) and then made one more attempt. That seemed to do the trick. Hope that helps someone else!