Need help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xSaturn, Oct 6, 2010.

1. xSaturn

xSaturn New Member

So im buying my friend's ipod touch 2g, and his ipod is lowbat, and he needed a wall charger and he told me his selling his ipod, So i asked him if i can borrow it just to make sure everything works fine. So today the ipod works I plugged my USB in and charged it to this computer, after when I disconnect the usb cable the ipod shut off, and when I plugged it again the apple logo came up, then after i did the same thing but this time it shows the red battery low life with a lighting on it so its charging i waited for 30 mins but it seems it got stuck, i tried DFU mode and forced restore it it doesnt work, any ideas? (BTW I UPDATED IT TO Os 4.1)
  2. yojalata

yojalata Member

It looks like the battery died. Literally.
  3. Sepulcher

Sepulcher Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Very smart of you to ask him for the iPod to check if things are working.
    That means the battery is a gonner, but I am not sure if it can be replaced. If it can, I'd presume if you were to send it to Apple they'd ask you to buy a new one.

Ask him, if he can (because it's his problem, not yours) go online and check for any replacement batteries. If he can, then you could possibly go on with the deal. But, if I were you, I'd pull out of the deal because it's not worth the hassle.
  4. xSaturn

xSaturn New Member

Thanks, I need one since my other ipod touch lost, Probbly ill save up for the 4th one. Because I think that's worth it.
  5. Sepulcher

Sepulcher Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Fair enough. I'd say it would be better to save up for the 4g. There could be other problems with the internal. I wouldn't risk it.