Need help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMM1993, Jul 15, 2009.

1. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

Hey,

I've had an iPhone 3G for a little while now, it's time to take it to the next level! I want to jailbreak it on the 3.0 OS, is that possible?

I would appreciate links!
    With that said, what's a good way to make sure that battery life is kept the same as before it was jailbroken? I noticed that difference between an unjailbroken and jailbroken 2G iPod Touch!

And here is the most important question: Is it true that once you've jailbroken, you risk your sim card, meaning at some point you need to purchase a new one?

- I'm not unlocking, just jailbreaking... I'm happy with ROGERS WIRELESS, carrier in Canada who I am through and purchased the iPhone through!
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    THIS site will help you with your jailbreaking needs. Tools are on the left, use redsn0w. Its simple just follow the instructions.

No risk to your phone or sim card at all. If anything goes wrong a restore with itunes fixes all. As for battery life it depends on what you install. The jailbreak itself does not effect battery, but, widgets and some mobilesubstrate plugins will. You just have to test them out yourself. If it drains the battery quick you can uninstal it.
  3. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

Well all I'd be using is themes really, and only connecting to the 3G When I'm in town as it doesn't reach my house or work or the place I spend pretty much all my time!