Need help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pinofromthebay, Jul 2, 2009.

1. pinofromthebay

pinofromthebay Member

So i bought a ipod on ebay and started to restore it to 3.0 firmware. It was almost done restoring until it gave error 13 i think. I tried it again with the original firmware downloaded through itunes and tried dfu and recovery mode. It gave me some other errors when i tried it the other times like error 9 or 6.

My ipod was suck on 'your ipod was deteched in recovery mode, restore to use' msg. I tried it again then it gave me 'your ipod was deteched but could not be identified, please disconnect and try again. error 1'. When this happened the iphone screen turned white then went black. It wont turn on at all. When i plug it back in nothing happens. It doesnt charge, my computer doesnt recognize it at all, doesnt detect a usb port being used. Ive tried a whole bunch of things and nothing seems to work. I tried on my laptop also but nothing and my other ipod connects justs fine on both of them.

Any solution to this? Ive been looking all over online for a solution but nothing worked. Im guessing this is just a hardware problem and im screwed since its out of warrenty.

My last resort is taking it to the apple store and seeing if they can get it to work.
  2. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. pinofromthebay

pinofromthebay Member

nah its not spam. i realized i prolly would get more responces since this section is more viewed so i posted here instead after.

i tried it on 8.2 then downgraded itunes to 7.5 still no luck
  4. naf456

naf456 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    if your ipod doesn't turn on, and doesn't connect to the PC, your pretty much F***ed. the last thing i would try is to just Hold the Power Button and the homebutton down for about 15-30 seconds and then release the home button, still holding the power button. if the Apple logo still doesn't come on, i believe it's time to show it the Bin liner.
    and if i was you, i would Consider Shooting My self in the head first then buying an iPod off ebay. you want a iPod, buy it for the Apple store. it's alot more expensive, but it's 200% Worth it.

Edit: by the Way, does it Get Boiling hot when you leave it on charge, So hot that you can cause global warming in 20 minutes. my iPod 1G was like that when it blow up. i bought it from Apple, and jyust left it to them to repair it. they still didn't relies it was jailbroken.
  5. pinofromthebay

pinofromthebay Member

It was getting hot when i first was charging it and getting errors. Once it stopped responding at all, it didnt even get warm while charging.