Need HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by abbadipod, Mar 22, 2009.

1. abbadipod

abbadipod New Member

Ok heres the deal, my ipodtouch has been acting strangely for the past couple of days. It wont turn on and seems to be dead, I tried the force restart by holding down the home and sleep/wake button and it does the trick, but whenever i leave it off/asleep for more than 5-10 mins. it wont turn on again. Not unless i try the force restart over and over again. And every time it does turn on the battery is always red or at 20% even though i charged it a couple of hours ago.

So im thinking of 2-3 things that might fix this but i need your opinion.

1st step would be to somehow backup ALL the files (i tried iphonebrowser, touchcopy, diskaid... none of them seems to work for me... except for touchcopy but i can only backup 250 songs). Then completely wipe clean my ipod (by reformatting it) then update the version then put back ALL the files (given that i was able to back everything up)

2nd would be to return it to where i bough it (seeing as i only have 1 month left on my warranty) and get a NEW ipodtouch and start from scratch again...

would love to hear from you guys on what you have to say.. could really use some advice at this point
  2. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1. Did you use TouchCopy in music copy mode or in file copy mode? Maybe the second one should help?
    2. Try CopyTrans, it also may work.
  3. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
  4. abbadipod

abbadipod New Member

file copy mode... ill google CopyTrans and download it, we'll see what happens
    ------------------double post merged------------------

i can seem to only backup my music... what about videos?
  5. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Maybe make a New Thread? "Need Help to Backup Videos"

Maybe.. (free downloads)
    iFunBox
    WinSCP

IDK