Need help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nestleness, Feb 26, 2009.

1. nestleness

nestleness New Member

So i did this teathered jailbreak. Its alright, and i knew you would have to re-boot it everytime, but now im sick of it. Is there any way to un-jailbreak? as in..bring it back to the old ipod touch it was (2g). I tried the force restore method or i would press the restore button but i would keep getting an ipod error message.
    thanks
  2. Xaviertte

Xaviertte New Member

try putting it in DFU mode. then restore.
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ummm u could go and go semi tethered.. it will b jailbroken, but then when u turn it off, and stuff, u will boot into a normal ipod setting..
  4. nestleness

nestleness New Member

I tried putting it in dfu mode and restoring it but no luck. i get a message saying "software for this ipod is currently unavailable, make sure you have the latest version of itunes".

and i do have the latest version, so i dont knoww.
    and whats semi tethered?
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    umm then idk... about ur issue... but semi tethered is another form of the jailbreak, where u go jailbroken, but then if u turn it off or reboot, it will boot into a normal default ipod setting until u reapply the patch to get back ur jailbroken status. it does require u to jailbreak ur ipod over again. but its up to u
  6. Xaviertte

Xaviertte New Member

this has happened to me, the reason this happened is because you have to restore on the same computer that you jailbroke. Are you trying to restore on a different computer?
  7. nestleness

nestleness New Member

Yeaa i did it on the same computer. Damnnn. Almost gave me some hope there. Even when i try and hold down the home/power button i never get the ACTUAL DFU mode, where you see the usb cable and itunes symbol appear.
  8. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU is a black screen.
    If your on windows, to see if your in DFU go to system>Hardware>Device Manager
    Then scroll down to 'Universal Serial Bus controller'
    Expand it, the 1st one should be 'Apple recovery device (DFU)' or something like that.

After that, you have a couple of choices....
    1-Just hit restore in iTunes. (If that doesn't work try #2)
    2-Shift & Click restore, go to C://Documents and Settings/**Desktop Name You're on**/Application Data(Hidden folder)/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates/ And click iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore
    (If that doesn't work go to #3)
    3-Download the Firmware http://smalllinks.com/7RJ
    Then repeat step 2, but go to where you saved the downloaded FW.

Sorry if this was no help.
  9. nestleness

nestleness New Member

Alright thanks a lot man ill give it a shot. Im downloading the firmware right now so ill let you know if it works out.