Need help!@!@

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stealth550, Dec 26, 2008.

1. stealth550

stealth550 New Member

So i just got a new 1st gen 16gb iPod Touch for christmas and the first thing that shows up is a little connector cord and the iTunes logo. So i plug it into my laptop and iTunes says there is an update (the new 2.2 firmware) so i hit update and it backs up my ipod, deletes the files... and as soon as it is restoring it an error comes up saying there was a problem. it is error 1602 which means there is something wrong with the files on my computer. Apple says online and over the phone that i should COMPLETELY uninstall itunes, quicktime, the apple updater, and the apple mobile device software.

I followed all the steps to uninstall the software and reinstall everything.

Now my iPod has the same screen with the cable and is recognized as Apple Recovery (iBoot) by the device manager.

I open up itunes and it does not recognize my iPod at all..

i have spent 6 hours trying to get this stupid thing to work so if anyone knows what is wrong please let me know. I am using a toshiba and not a mac.
  2. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did u try restarting, or restoring ur pc to an earlier time?
  3. stealth550

stealth550 New Member

well i didn't restore my pc because that would lose alot of files and take a couple of hours but i really dont think that is necessary anyway. all of my itunes and apple software is completely up-to-date and i have checked this so many times i cant even begin to recall them...
  4. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this is how to phisically force restoreWarning: This should be used as a last resort, restoring will erase all of your data

1. Firstly, you must have the iPod Touch plugged into your computer while doing this.

2. To start, press and hold the home and sleep/wake button, the power off option will appear but ignore it. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can let go of the home button now).

4. Open iTunes and it should recognize your iPod Touch, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in again.
    5. Restore your iPod Touch by clicking the "Restore" button on iTunes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    try that, it fixed mine when it briked
  5. stealth550

stealth550 New Member

well the problem isnt getting it into restore mode, its getting out of it. iTunes just doesnt recognize it at all even though the device manager does.
    btw: that was one of the first things i tried
  6. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try switching computers
  7. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What version of itunes do you have?
  8. nelson480