Need Help

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Bulldog13, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Bulldog13

Bulldog13 New Member

I just bought an Ipod Touch a few hours ago. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have enough space to support itunes. Do I need a computer to sync my itouch?
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Yes.
    Unless you plan on getting all your music from the iTunes app on the iPod.
  3. Bulldog13

Bulldog13 New Member

I will have my "Real" computer up in a few weeks, but for now I have this cheezy thing we use. I just want to get this ipod topuch working for my wife. What di I need to do?
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    uninstall any big programs you havent used... just get enough space...

AFTER you get itunes installed, if it doesnt get all your music automatically, go to file>> add file (or folder if u have ur songs in a folder) to library

then just sync it up.
  5. Bulldog13

Bulldog13 New Member

Thank you , I will try this
  6. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Here's a good way to potentially free up a bunch of space (assuming windows):

Go to My Computer, right click the C drive and click properties. In the general tab click Disk Cleanup. It may take a few minutes to scan, but once it's done click the "More Options" tab.

In the last section that says "System Restore" click the "Clean up..." button. It will ask if you want to delete all but the last restore point, click yes, then click ok in the main disk cleanup window. This removed several gigs for me.
  7. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    system restore?? thats a bit drastic for a couple of gigs...
  8. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Er... no, if you read the post carefully you'll find that it simply deletes redundant restore checkpoint data, except for the latest one. So if Windows backed up stuff 10 times, then you can have it so it deletes the other 9 except the latest one, which is all you need anyway...