need help. Won't start up dam

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dizasterous, Feb 15, 2008.

1. dizasterous

dizasterous New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    now I've helped plenty of people who have made their iPod not start up at all. My iPod however, won't start up and the circular loading design appears after a few minutes. I have never encountered this and would like to know if anyone knows how to solve the problem. I am already too aware that force restore is an option but will lead to a few hours downloadng files which I would like to avoid. Thanks, Chris.
  2. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If it won't start up ; it sounds like it needs a force restore.Sorry.
  3. antispartan

antispartan New Member

cant you just back up your apps then restore to 1.1.3 then use ziphone to jailbreak
  4. ducatisonicboom

ducatisonicboom New Member

The batt might be dead . Did you plug it in ?
  5. bigbribri206

bigbribri206 New Member

idk if yours is doing the same thing but mine is so messed up. i have an ipod touch 16gb and my friend jailbroke it to 1.1.3. for me and i started to go install crazy and installed a ton of stuff. then like once a installed a couple of new stuff my ipod restarted and then shut off. when it was booting up again the apple logo came on and after a couple of minutes this circular thing (the one that comes up when like safari is loading) was stuck to the apple logo and like it won't go away and my ipod just stays in this spot until it drains the battery. when i charge the ipod again and do it it does the same thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. zerogun

zerogun New Member

interesting, mine is doing the exact same thing. This doesn't look good!

The iPod isn't responding to shut down though in my situation, but nonetheless it's about the same problem. I JB'd 1.1.3 and then install an bunch of stuff and then proceeded to restart and at first it was spinning the loading icon on the desktop and then suddenly it dropped to the Apple logo with the loading icon frozen.

I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point because none of the buttons respond ...I'm f*cked aren't I ...
  7. Doggkor

Doggkor New Member

software conflict. force a reboot. two methods that im aware of:

1 - iphuc:

plug in the ipot to ur comp
    open iphuc and type in : cmd fsboot
    wait a minute or so, should start up

2 - jailbreak 1.1.2 software

The software for jailbraeking ur 1.1.2 has a button that is for booting, just plug it in and try booting it..

those are the only things i can think of to help, that have helped me in similar situations. good luck.
  8. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem and after a week of trying to fix it I found no solution. I think your best bet would be a force restore. Sorry.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. bigbribri206

bigbribri206 New Member

yeah originally i didn't want to restore cause i felt bad for asking my friend to hack it again. he hacked like 1.1.1. for me, when they found 1.1.2. he like hacked it again for me, then when they got 1.1.3. he did it once again and i messed mine up but i just gave up and restored it. i tried doing the GUI ZiPhone thing myself but idk what's wrong it's like stuck on "minor error" "major error" when its rebooting. erh apple needs to make less faulty products
  10. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You aren't getting errors because Apple's products are faulty. You are getting errors because Apple does everything they can to keep you from jailbreaking and installing 3rd party applications. Its not what they designed the iPod Touch for so you can't really blame them if the jailbreak doesn't work, especially when Apple has a whole team of people who are supposed to be breaking the jailbreaks.

But yeah, you could just downgrade to 1.1.1 and stick with that. The 1.1.1 jailbreak is much less error-prone.