need help with wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xugsyx, Dec 7, 2008.

1. xugsyx

xugsyx New Member

i just got my wife the ipod touch now i can see my wifi that i have in my house i click it to conect but its password protected. i know my pass word but it dose not give me a option to type it in can any one help with this one ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump!!
  2. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

Are you sure your wireless SSID is pw protected? It might be that you just pw protected the settings page for your router..
    Other than that, just press the little arrow beside your network on the ipot and press the "forget network" and then retry, if your network is truly pw protected, it should ask you for the pw the 2nd time you do it
  3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Make sure that your network is WEP secured, and not WPA secured. Like many other hand held devices, the iPod touch does not support this type of security, hence it will not allow you to even type in a password for it. Just go into your router settings and change it to WEP instead.
  4. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uh? The iPod Touch supports WPA and even WPA2, unlike most Windows PCs!?
  5. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Oh woah, yes, I'm wrong then. Just tested out WPA on my router, my iPod joined it easily. Maybe it did not work for 1.x.x, and I was thinking in the past. Yeah so, I stand corrected.