Need help with voice forwarding

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by monk373, Jan 22, 2010.

1. monk373

monk373 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello everyone,

I just bought the 32gb ipod touch 3rd g. I am leaving next week for a month and a half trip to Europe. I will not be bringing my cell phone since I don't have an international plan.

So my question is: is there a way I can get voicemails from my cell phone in email format? In other words, I'd like to be able to check my voicemail while I'm overseas and my cell phone will be at home.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions/advice b/c it would be a lot easier to do this than use a calling card each time I want to check my voicemail. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

that would have to be done with your cell carrier, but you could get a google voice account (i have a few invites if you want one), setup call forward to google voice voicemail that can be saved to email
  3. LXZ

LXZ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah, use google voice..
    I use it all the time, its better than the voicemail that ATT's voicemail.
  4. monk373

monk373 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's a great idea-I didn't even know you could do it with google voice. I have a gmail account, but do I need to be invited for voice or could I use that?

If I need to be invited, I'd definitely appreciate the offer. Thanks for the info!