Need help with the Windows Redsn0w Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by rinn, Jan 31, 2009.

1. rinn

rinn Banned

i got it working 100% perfectly on 2 ipods and am willing to help people, so PM me if u need help.
  2. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    HELP ME

Please Register or Log in to view images

Default WINDOWS: Tethered Redsn0w Tutorial
    This was NOT my idea, nor my thread. This is a total rip from iLove's thread at http://www.ifans.com/forums/...d.php?t=137607

UPDATE: Nevermind. This was not iLove's idea. He ripped it from BtbN without giving any credit. Tsk tsk tsk...

I just decided to make it a little simpler, and break down the steps. I am personally not a Windows user, so if I made a silly mistake, please tell me. I was a Windows user for several years, but it's been 3 years since that.

1) Download xpwn nightly from http://www.iphone-dev.org/xpwn/xpwn-windows-nightly.zip

2) Put the contents of the FirmwareBundles folder included in rslite into the FirmwareBundles folder included in Xpwn.

3) Copy a 2.2.1 IPSW into the Xpwn directory and call it OriginalFW.ipsw. If you don't have one, download it from http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

4) In Command Prompt, cd to the Xpwn directory and do "ipsw OriginalFW.ipsw patchedFW.ipsw -s 700 bundles\Cydia.tar" For those of you that can't open the ipsw in command prompt, make sure your ipsw in the xpwn folder is called "OriginalFW" not "OriginalFW.ipsw". It already has a .ipsw extension, the .ipsw on the filename is not necessary. (Thanks, -tcq42-!)

5) Boot the iPod touch to DFU.

6) Upload 2.1.1 iBSS, from an extracted 2.1.1 IPSW. To do this, cd to wherever iRecovery is located and run iRecovery.exe -f <insert location of 2.1.1 iBSS here> After uploading the iBSS you need to unplug for ten seconds and plug it back in. (Thanks, Conic!)

7) Use iRecovery.exe -s and run all of the commands listed in the pwn211ibss.txt script from the rslite folder

8) Restore to patchedFW.ipsw with iTunes

9) To boot normally, follow the README.txt tutorial but use iRecovery instead of rslite, and instead of doing #pwn211ibss.txt run all of the commands listed in the pwn211ibss.txt file.

UPDATE: Some people are having trouble with the cd command. Just type cd, then a space, and then drag the little folder icon of where you want to cd into the command prompt and press enter.

He (iLove, not me) will be making a video of this soon, hopefully, to make everything easier for you non-Mac people

That is the guide im using and i am stuck on step 6. i think itll be most helpful if u explain exactly what you did when u jailbroke ur two ipods

Thanks again
  3. rinn

rinn Banned

on step 6, i download the iPod Touch 2.1.1 Firmware, and renamed the .ipsw to .zip and opened it in WinRAR. then went to Firmware, then DFU, and there it was: iBSS.n72ap.RELEASE.dfu
    then i put that in a folder...lets say C:\Stuff\ then i opened CMD and typed
    Code:
    cd (irecovery location)
    iRecovery -f C:\Stuff\iBSS.n72ap.RELEASE.dfu
    and thats it for step 6
  4. unrl

unrl New Member

Hi, Can you help me on step 7?

I have done the first command and put the Recovery thing on so that it says

<Recovery> iphone$

do i just write the stuff after thatm cos i tried that and my ipod has a white screen

5. Jake01

Jake01 New Member

I just sent you a PM with my problem
  6. mettown803

mettown803 New Member

if anyone can help me with jailbreaking on windows xp please msg me on aim (mickey80321) i'm not experienced with command prompt or anything like that. please help!!
  7. rinn

rinn Banned

its good that your ipod has a white screen. now type each of these in and hit enter after each line
    Code:
    arm7_stop
    mw 0x9000000 0xe59f3014
    mw 0x9000004 0xe3a02a02
    mw 0x9000008 0xe1c320b0
    mw 0x900000c 0xe3e02000
    mw 0x9000010 0xe2833c9d
    mw 0x9000014 0xe58326c0
    mw 0x9000018 0xeafffffe
    mw 0x900001c 0x2200f300
    arm7_go
    arm7_stop
    /exit
  8. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok... I got up to the stage where you disconnect and reconnect your iPod, but the screen will not go white!

It says: Got usb.
    No ipod/iphone found
    wen I try iRecovery.exe -s

NVM got it.

Plugged it in straight away after unplugging it.
  9. rinn

rinn Banned

u didnt put it into DFU right. unplug your ipod, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in hold home+power till u hear something, let go of power, keep holding home till u hear something else and itunes pops up. if u see "unrecognized usb device" u held the home button too long. after u do that, do step 6 again (i assume thats what your on)
  10. leonheartx

leonheartx New Member

Hi i was wondering how I can recover my songs after jailbreaking. After jailbreaking it asks if I want to sync with my previous ipod and i said yes. then rebooted the ipod, but none of it was there