Need Help with Terminal and mobileFinder

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robin5446, May 28, 2008.

1. robin5446

robin5446 New Member

I just downloaded mobile terminal on my iPod in order to correct permissions for mobile finder (so I can use it to delete files), but it doesn't seem to be working. When I start it up, it says:

login: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
    [Process Completed]

I am then unable to enter any text. I wouldn't need to do this, but currently mobilefinder has little function beyond browsing though files on my iPod, and my computer/router is preventing me from SSHing into my ipod to do it that way.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, you need to SSH in and delete the file in /var/Library/mobile/Profile

Or something along then lines of that
  3. robin5446

robin5446 New Member

I have tried Cyberduck (using the ipod's IP, root, alpine, etc.) but i get "I/O Error: Connection failed sftp://ipaddress:22 There was a problem while connecting to (ipaddress)"

I have installed openSSH through installer, but I don't have an icon on springboard for it. Could this be part of the problem?

So basically, I can't ssh into my ipod right now.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Install BossPrefs and make sure it's turned on. Actually turn it off once and then back on. You may need to reset your router too. Protocol is SFTP, Port 22, User-root, Pass-alpine
  5. robin5446

robin5446 New Member

I installed BossPrefs and did as you said, but when I reopen Bossprefs after turning on SSH it says it is off again. Nonethless, I get the same response from Cyberduck, even when i leave bossprefs open.

As far as the router goes, I have tried both my wireless router (a meraki mini) and internet sharing through wifi on my iMac. With the router, Cyberduck hangs longer while connecting (using my iMac's signal the connection fails immediately). The result with my router is different: "The kexTimeout (60000 ms) expired."
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to fix SSH. An uninstall and reinstall may be in order. You do have BSD Subsystem, SUID Lib FIx and the basics installed right?
  7. robin5446

robin5446 New Member

I have tried reinstalling SSH. I do have BSD subsystem installed. I just tried getting the SUID Lib Fix, but I got a "main script execution failed" so i'll have to reboot or try something else to get that.
  8. robin5446

robin5446 New Member

I just reinstalled the BSD subsystem and was able to install the SUID Lib Fix. I just opened terminal and it appears to be working. However i entered:

chmod -R 755 /Applications/Finder.app
    chmod +s /Applications/Finder.app/Finder

and Terminal ran through a bunch of commands but kept on saying I didn't have permission to do that, so Finder still won't delete files.

I reinstalled openSSH and now the permissions work on BossPrefs, and I was able to SSH into my iPod, so everything except the Finder is working now!
  9. robin5446

robin5446 New Member

Thanks for all your help! Unless you have any ideas on what command lines will help fix mobileFinder, I think I'm set. I'll just google around for ideas on what to do then.
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I posted it yesterday, let me look at my posts and try and find it.