NEED HELP! with Storage for more apps!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rosstaman09, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Rosstaman09

Rosstaman09 New Member

okay..i have seriously had start over at least 5 times tonight any help is greatly apriciated. What im trying to do is get more Storage so i can download more apps. I got the following from http://kentbrewster.com/hack-your-ipod-touch/
    This is wat it says to do:

Making Sure You Don't Run Out of Storage Space

Bring up Term-VT100. If you've never seen one before, you're looking at a Unix prompt. (You can also do this with OpenSSH, if you installed it and you know what you're doing.)
    First task: move to the iTouch's root directory, copy your Applications directory there, rename your existing Applications directory to Applications.old, and then tell your iTouch to look in the new directory for stuff it previously found in the old directory. Type the following commands, exactly as shown:
    cd /
    cp -pr Applications /var/root
    mv Applications Applications.old
    ln -s private/var/root/Applications /Applications

I think im messing up from the middle.
    Where it says
    move to the iTouch's root directory, copy your Applications directory there, rename your existing Applications directory to Applications.old, and then tell your iTouch to look in the new directory for stuff it previously found in the old directory
    So i got WinSCP open and to the right area. I hit Copy on Application. and then i renamed it to aplication.old am i supposed to duplicate it anywhere or do something else? b.c i have no idea on how tell it to look in a new directory for stuff . At this point my screen normally goes blank..no more icons.. i noticed if i take off the .old on applications it works. Most of the time. so i get to this point. loose my connection. and have to start all over from step one of jailbreaking it. i also tried a few other sites. all unsuccesfull.. Any help is greatly Needed! Thanks in advance!
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just go into installer and install Boss Prefs, it does it all for you.
  3. Rosstaman09

Rosstaman09 New Member

Do i have to add a URL to my downloader to get "Boss Prefs"
    because its not in my installer list. please help. THanks
    Ive never heard of Boss Prefs