Need Help with Springboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gadgetsboyj, Dec 27, 2007.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Hi. I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod Touch with 16 GB. I need help. OK. I read a tutorial on how to get the SMS icon to show up on my iPod Touch. I have the SMS app installed, but it doesn't show up in Springboard unless I switch my N45AP.plist file under System/Coreservices/SpringBoard.app to a new one located here. When I use this file, I get a carrier icon that says No Service. If I try changing Carrier Icon in Customize it doesn't work. It only works when I change No Service under Springboard Strings. It also says waiting for activation every time I reboot my iPod Touch. Is there anyone that can edit this file to make it so it doesn't say waiting for activation and No Service. Maybe a way to trick it into thinking its activated. I can't use Jailbreakme.com because it doesn't work with 1.1.2 firmware. Is there any way to open back up the TIFF Exploit so I can use their site to do it? Please Help!
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just so I understand - you need to install the SMS application on your iPod Touch why? I mean it won't actually do anything... You just trying to make it look like a poser iPhone or something?

As for the jailbreak, you can't reopen it... which is part of the reason why jailbreakme.com only works on 1.1.1...
  3. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Response

I already have it. I just need somebody to edit the file so it works with the iPod Touch.
  4. ooblez

ooblez New Member

just to clarify, ipod touch CANNOT send sms's, except via the internet. most of the apps will not be for the internet though. could you clarify which you're using?