iOS 3.1 Need help with Spirit, just some answers

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Joeyjoejoe01, May 3, 2010.

1. Joeyjoejoe01

Joeyjoejoe01 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I currently have a jailbroken iPod Touch 3G (blackra1n) with firmware 3.1.2 and I wanna Spirit JB it so that it's untethered. I did that SHSH back up thing with Cydia when I first jailbroke (was also at 3.1.2 at the time), is that gonna have anything to do with this? Also I have some questions about restoring:
    After backing up, the restore will keep all my app data but erase any jailbreak apps and features, right?
    When I restore, will it restore to 3.1.3 or my current firmware 3.1.2? Should I update to 3.1.3 if not anyway?
    And is there any way to back up my jailbreak apps and data?

Also, will I have to unhide and undock the apps that have been hidden/docked in SBSettings?
    Lastly, I'm guessing Spirit JB installs Cydia?

Thanks in advance.
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    if u restore it will delete everything. If you upgrade it only removes things from cydia. I would also want to know if I can upgrade from 3.1.2 jb to 3.1.3 and then use spirit..
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Actually I used the upgrade option and I am regretting it. It did not delete anything in the stash folder, the Media folder and Pkgbackup still showed that I had 52 packages installed even though Cydia didn't. I am working on deleting/renaming all duplicates. Install Pkgbackup, sync with iTunes, then restore. It should upgrade you to 3.1.3 which is not a problem at all. The backup will remember preferences from Cydia apps so once you install them again (preferable with Pkgbackup) it will be back to the way it is now. You don't have to unhide or remove icons from SBSettings dock either. Once you restore they will show up on the springboard then after installing SBSettings they will go back to hidden/dock.

And yes, Spirit installs Cydia.

I hope I got all your questions.
  4. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I wouldn't recommend upgrading directly I would restore.