NEED help with quickfreedom

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by tyler.c, Jul 17, 2009.

1. tyler.c

tyler.c New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so i have a 2g ipod touch and i tried jailbreaking it with quick freedom tried to install the libusb and my mouse stopped working so i unistalled it and restart my computerand it was fine.So on my second try i got my friend to help since he had previously jailbroke that same ipod before it got restored.Anyway he tried using quickfreedom as well got farther than i did in the prosess except when he when to put it into dmu mode the charger itself stopped working and wouldnt connect to itunes whenever the ipod is turned on it just shows a picture saying connect to itunes and wont go to the main menu and im pretty sure the charger didnt stop working just randomly since what quickfreedom had done before to my mouse.So now im stuck with my pod which is now dead and the charger is not working.And i already uninstalled quickfreedom and all its componets anybody know how to fix this?
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As I have said before:

QuickFreedom = QuickBricker
    Redsn0w FTW
  3. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    TBH, I have used QuickFreedom to JB my 2.2.1 & did not face the issues you mention, though there were other hurdles. So, as wyndwarrior emphatically says, redsn0w FTW

Please Register or Log in to view images

Redsn0w 0.3 to be precise in your case.
  4. tyler.c

tyler.c New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but do u think my ipod charger stopped working because of quickfreedom because it was working fine earlier or just a coincidence and ive heard of usb problems with quickfreedom and i dont want to buy a new charger then it not work either cause its my usb.And i have nothing else at the moment to test if my front usb is working. my mouse keyboard and everthing else is working
  5. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, that must just be a coincidence. In any case, you must be talking about the ipod cable, right?
  6. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    libusb causes usb problems, in order to jailbreak with quickfreedom you need libusb installed, maybe thats the reason.
  7. tyler.c

tyler.c New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes the cable is what i mean but im going out right now im gonna buy another cable then ill get back to u to see if it was just the cable or my usb
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    so i just got back the new cable is working and my ipod shows to connect to itunes so i guess i have to restore it but im gonna try to jailbreak it again with redsnow if u could put up a step by step way to use it since im a begginer would be helpful thx
  8. Microsoft™

Microsoft™ Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This guy knows what he's talking about O: