Need help with iTunes...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ZeroMidget, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ZeroMidget

ZeroMidget New Member

I recently bought a iPod Touch, and absolutely love it. However, I don't love iTunes. I have an ever changing music directory, that I would like to keep sorted the way it is. While it is all fine well and dandy to add files to iTunes manually, I would really love to add them automatically (ie, have it search the folder and update). How would I do this? I have iTunes 8 for what it is worth.

Next, its not possible to drag and drop media onto the iPod Touch (jailbroken) and play it with the built in player, is it? If not, ok.

Finally, iTunes refuses to add certain songs in my music directory. These songs have no real reason not to be added, so I cannot understand why it will not add them. My current library has 4780 tracks, and I know I have MUCH more music than that.
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1) Unfortunately, it is not possible to have iTunes periodically check a folder on your drive to remain synchronized with your iTunes library. This would be a very nice feature though.

2) What kind of media? Why drag and drop when you can just sync via iTunes?

3) Perhaps the song is in a format that iTunes doesn't recognize. What steps are you taking to add it, and what error (if any) are you receiving?
  3. ZeroMidget

ZeroMidget New Member

1) So no 3rd party apps can do it?

2) iTunes takes a bit to sync, and I am so used to the drag and drop method as that is much easier when dealing with as much music as I do (anywhere from 20-50 songs every 2-3 days)

3) It's mp3, I have tried adding file, adding folder, dragging it to iTunes, and I receive no error, it just doesn't add it.