Need help with itunes 7.6

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Loudmouth2332, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, this has been written about a million times but no one seems to be able to provide any definitive answers.

I have my ipod touch on 1.1.1 with oktoprep installed waiting to be brought up to 1.1.2 and then JB again.

Problem is, I upgraded to itunes 7.6 on a mac, so when i tired the jailbreak it jsut sent my itunes into restore. Apparently this is because 7.6 breaks oktoprep.

So I deleted itunes, i backed up on a flash drive them deleted the itunes file in the "music" section of finder, then i installed itunes 7.5 through a DMG and now when i plug my ipod touch in to my computer, itunes doesn't recognize it.

Can anyone help a man out, definitively...

Once again, that is a mac I am running here.
  2. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please...someone?
  3. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey, i just had the same problem, read what i did in our other thread, it worked for me so far.
  4. oranje

oranje New Member

iTunes doesn't recognize it at all?

Put 7.6 back. It's fine. I went from 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 this afternoon in 7.6 - there's only one thing broken (and that's rebooting the iPod after the unencrypted 1.1.2 is put back onto the iPod), and there's a work-around for that ... see this thread: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30721

So, copy everything back and hopefully your iTunes will work - that's a bit scary, though. Force the iPod into restore mode if iTunes won't recognize it, and maybe that'll get you to the point that you can start from scratch with 1.1.1.
  5. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Simplest thing to do would be to find someone running Windows and have them jailbreak the iPod for you ;-)
  6. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch