Need help with iPod Touch videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tecnogadget, Jan 10, 2008.

1. tecnogadget

tecnogadget New Member

Hi im a biG fan of apple and the iPods , i`ve an iPod Video 80GB fill with videos from P2P progranms and internet , all my videos are 320x240 resolution ( the same as my iPod screen resolution so thuey look awesome

Please Register or Log in to view images

) , but now im looking fowards to get an iPod Touch and i dont know if my old iPos videos`s will look ok in the iPod Touch because it has a 480-by-320 resollution....so

......does anybody knows if they will look ok , or i will have to convert the all again

wich may take a long long long time PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP MEEEE!!!!!
  2. mister alligator

mister alligator New Member

Well, obviously they would look better if you reconverted them again but they would probably be fine if you leave them... Just see if they look alright and if you need perfect resolution.... good luck with the converting.
  3. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Remember, it is always better to downgrade video resolution, than to upgrade. For that matter, I typically encode my videos with the expectation of later watching on TV (640 x ...[480, 370, 270, etc.]. The iPod can automatically adjust the file to fit the size of your display (320x240) without losing quality or aspect ratio.

By encoding at 320x240, you run the risk of losing quality (blurred picture/distorted images) when the iPod Touch adjusts the image upwards.
  4. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Screw converting, just go for it

If its really bad convert them though

: you wont have to convert all of them anyways because you cant fity it all on to 8 or 16 gs
  5. Eragon

Eragon New Member

Or, you could try streaming them to your device over a really poor Wi-fi or EDGE connection...

Who can say that the poor video quality is not the result of streaming artifacts