Need help with iPod! Black Screen >:(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChoclateSailor, May 25, 2009.

1. ChoclateSailor

ChoclateSailor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I just downloaded this new app from cydia called "Boot Logo". I have an ipod touch 2g 2.2.1! So, I selected an image, then tapped "Flash Logo", then "Flash". Then in two seconds, my screen went black. I've tried some things but they all failed:

1. Put it in DFU mode(hold power and home button for 15 seconds then released the power button for 10 second.) Then try to restore in itunes and itunes didn't recognize it but my computer said, "USB Device Not Recognized"!

2. Tried to charge it and nothing happened.

If anyone can help me, please tell me!
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IF YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS!!!

I HAVE tried iBrickr, and ZiPhone!
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try the recovery loop link in my signature.
  3. kewlgreen

kewlgreen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As far as my experiences go, that means it is not properly put into DFU mode, well actually not at all. I use the noises the operating system makes to tell when it is in DFU. While connected (even if it says "USB Device Not Recognized") I press and hold the Home and Power buttons until it beeps as disconnected then I release the power button and wait for it to beep to connected.

It should then be in DFU.

I hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry If it doesn't.
  4. ChoclateSailor

ChoclateSailor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok,

I just did everything in the tutorial until the last code. Now my screen is white. I know i did it completely right cuz i used to have a tethered but now i dont. Its just white now im gonna try it one more time and see how it works.