Need help with fonts

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Vince, May 29, 2010.

1. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So the title may seem a little misleading, pretty intentional because I wanted to get a little more attention here. As I'm running out of HD space, I'm trying to clean out my MacBook a little bit to free some room up, also Microsoft Word and Photoshop take a really long time to open and I want to fix that.

So basically, I want to clear my font library of everything non-standard (default snow leopard fonts, Microsoft Word fonts, and Adobe fonts). As stated I'm on a MacBook running Snow Leopard and I know where the fonts are located, but because I have a large selection and variety of fonts (I used to visit DaFont and those other websites quite often, plus I downloaded a few huge font packs) it's a pain in the ass to manually go through and check which ones belong and which don't. Could take hours.

What I'm looking for is an application that will remove (or relocate) every font that wasn't there when I installed Snow Leopard (once again the Microsoft Word fonts and Adobe fonts would also be nice to keep) or at the very minimum a link to a list of all default fonts. It just occurred to me that I could probably just pop in my Snow Leopard upgrade disk and it would be on there, so I'll try that but help is still appreciated.
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Not sure if this helps or not but here are all the fonts I have. I haven't installed Microsoft Office but I have installed Adobe Photoshop Elements on my computer. Here are the 283 items located under /Library/Fonts

I know you want to free up hard drive space by deleting fonts but may I suggest Monolingual? It's an application that deletes languages on your mac. I deleted all but English and saved 2.5 gb of space. There is also MacKeeper (not free but 15 day trial) it has a number of different applications all designed to free up space. Very useful.

Attached Files:

3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah I already have MacKeeper.

It's partially to free up space, but it's mostly because Photoshop and Microsoft Word both take like 5 minutes of "importing font library" or "checking font library" when they open and it pisses me off so usually I just open Notepad instead.

I don't think it's legal to post those up because a lot of the default Mac fonts you have to buy for Windows. Thanks though, it'll help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

For some reason I was thinking you actually included the font files.